[Metalab] USB uC (was: SMD verarbeiten)

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Thu Apr 22 18:32:47 CEST 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 17:36 PM, Bernhard Kuemel wrote:

> What USB microcontrollers are good for Linux? Full or high speed. I'd like to
> sample random bits from avalanche diode noise and get it into a PC

I don't know. Maybe a USB2serial adapter is your friend in that case, or use smth. like an Arduino which already has a usb2serial chip onboard (from FTDI).
If this is too slow for you, having a dedicated USB controller uC is a good next step, which requires some investigation when it comes to good non-Windows compatibility.

>> See http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1904
>
> Yes, only dual inline for the bread board.

It's a free design, so you could play with it to make it DIP compatible.
..or design one from scratch, or buy one..

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.