[Metalab] Open Money (war Job-Angebot: PHP Programmierer)

Ian G iang at iang.org
Fri Nov 21 16:36:26 CET 2008

> Ralf Schlatterbeck schrieb:

>> Warum nicht was existierendes nehmen?

One would think that!  But, the history of alternative money systems is
littered with attempts to share software;  none have ever worked to my
knowledge.  It was certainly the biggest mistake I made, it's unworkable
to even give away software for lack of common agreement, let alone sell it.

I guess this is because money is such a complex subject that nobody can
agree on it.  It is like the proverbial elephant and the blind men.  All
are holding a part and will not agree on what they feel.  If you put the
Strohalm people in a room with the Paypal room, there won't be a single
point of agreement, and I wouldn't agree with either of them :)

iang