[Metalab] Nokia770, root lost

Michael Hauser awarewater at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 02:51:24 CEST 2007

Good mornig all!

It's over two months since I've been kicked out of Metalab :(
Lurking the mailinglist, though.

My question to all the security geeks,
Pauli, Kiff^H^H^H^HClifford(excuse the pun ;-),..

I finally managed to pseudo-brick my N770. Stupidly,
I changed /etc/hostname and
'forgot' to edit /etc/hosts
Now sudo's broken(sudo: unable to lookup aware770 via gethostbyname())

Seems my last two commands as root on this instantiation
of the firmware were:
 vim /etc/hostname;exit
          ..DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! :o)

Or does anybody have some exploit in his pocket,
that spares me to reflash the device via USB?
The firmware should be updated anyway, I'm ogling
with the 'Hacker Editions'..

greetings to all that did not 'not want me here'
 mih
--
'aware water' is an anagram for 'we are at war'