[Metalab] Nokia770, root lost

Peter Kuhm peter at null.priv.at
Mon Oct 8 09:21:37 CEST 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 02:51:24 +0200 Michael Hauser wrote:

> Good mornig all!
>
> It's over two months since I've been kicked out of Metalab :(
> Lurking the mailinglist, though.

aah, the N770 guy! o hai. This was a [lapse|mistake|collateral
damage|you name it] at that time when the lab got increasingly
crowded by (alleged) annoying or at least uncommunicative/
lethargic folks and homeless ppl that weren't interested in
Metalabs intrinsic intention of hacking stuff, innovation,
interdisciplinary and social exchange (buzz word alert?) but
causing discomfort and gloom for some regular members.

They didn't show up so frequently as they used to and didn't
express their concerns in a broader circle either. The ones
the talked about it called it the hippie discussion ("hippie"
with negative connotation, not in its original meaning)

Some regulars that returned from vacation or business trips
were faced with inactive people that they didn't know and it
seemed they were unrelated to other regulars as well.

Unfortunately the outbreak of this anxiety (after a longer
summer pause of jour fixe meetings) formed a nasty mob that
wanted the chairman to "do something with the situation,
immediately" and you was there as the only person that wasn't
broader known by a former reasonably grown community and
became the sacrificial lamb.

When I came into the lab and got attention I could clarify
that you are nice guy, that you would be fitting perfectly
into the mixture of the existing members and even fetched
a printed form to apply for membership after some 14 days
you visited the lab for the first time. Paul didn't abstain
to stand up and looking after you to apologize for this
unpleasant behaviour but you've already left the lab. :-(

As we didn't know your name and how to reach you I asked
some LUGA folks who might have been in contact with you
earlier but with no avail. :-(

I'm no spokesperson but let me say sorry in the name of the
lab. There have been some lessons learned and you're very
welcome if you ever want to drop by.

> greetings to all that did not 'not want me here'
>  mih

cheers,
Peter

PS: Warum eigentlich nicht Deutsch? ;-)

PPS: ssh auf localhost? Eher nicht, oder?