[3d-printing] Fwd: 3D Printing. Next Exit: The Future

pl c at c0mm.it
Mi Jan 28 16:43:15 CET 2015

@Melanie Kren: I've forwarded your message to our internal & 3d-printing
mailinglist.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [core] 3D Printing. Next Exit: The Future
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:11:13 +0100
From: Melanie Kern <melanie.kern at studium.uni-hamburg.de>
To: Core at metalab.at

Dear Hackerspace Team,

I encountered the Hackerspace Metalab site fablabs.io and it is
obviously a really great place for 3D printing. As for my Master Thesis
I initiated an anonymous online survey on 3D printing communities and
would be incredibly thankful for your support. In return for investing
about 10 minutes of your valuable time, I would be happy to share a
presentation of the main results with you. Thereby you can learn more
about user motivations, valuable platform features and ways to improve
community services - potentially new inspiration for your fab lab.

Beside participating, it would be a huge help if you could promote the
survey in your newsletter, news feed and / or social media - either by
sharing the blue text below or the corresponding post on our facebook
page. Please find more information and the participation link below:

Dear Survey Participant,

Open Source Hardware (OSH) development is a fascinating phenomenon that
recently gained momentum. Given the potential of 3D printing and OSH to
disrupt entire industries and revolutionize the way we design, produce,
recycle, manufacture, distribute and commercialize physical products in
the future, this is worth in-depth inquiry. To begin with, this survey,
conducted at the Universities of Hamburg and Osnabrück, Germany, shall
provide insight about 3D printing communities and their motivations and
drivers. It shall also give developers the possibility to provide
feedback on community services and to name key features that would help
to improve their favorite platforms. The anonymous and aggregated data
will be used for research at the Chair of Management and Digital Markets
and be provided to platform managers. The survey will only take about 10
minutes. Your contribution is crucial to the project and is very much
appreciated. Many thanks.

To participate, please follow the link:
survey.digital-markets.info/index.php/914511/lang-en

Best regards,
Melanie Kern, BA (University of Hamburg)
Prof. Dr. Piet Hausberg (University of Osnabrück)
Prof. Dr. Sebastian Späth (University of Hamburg)

You can access the project homepage here:
http://www.wiwi.uni-osnabrueck.de/en/departments_and_institutes/technology_and_innovation_management_prof_hausberg/research.html

Or on the social media site:
https://www.facebook.com/3Dprintingresearchproject