[Screeninvader] Using luajit to bundle Lua bytecode, instead of objcopy/otool ..

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 17:16:43 CET 2015

> I don't have a strong opinion on luvit or similar frameworks, but
> its usefulness depends on the question of what you'd like to
> implement on the server side. For my ideas, something like [2]
> seems to be sufficent.

There is a general architecture question to be answered, I suppose - but if all that is needed is for a socket to talk to the front-end, then I guess luvit would be overload.

If Penlight gives us all we need, then no need to consider this question further.

> Using luajit to generate header files looks like a good idea to me.
> objcopy, on the other hand, is a part of GNU binutils which are quite
> common dev dependencies.

True, but it just seems cleaner to me to be using luajit to properly bundle byte code onboard, rather than injecting directly into the executable - plus this gives a chance to catch any bugs in the code before packaging.

I’ve been trying to get Janosh built on Darwin (OSX10.10.2) .. The wider portability issue I have now is the fact that I can’t build Janosh with clang - when we use g++-4.8 (after some minor mixups) we end up having problems linking, because everything in home-brew is built with clang, and this means kyotocabinet and boost are unlinkable ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com