[Screeninvader] Screeninvader License

Amir Hassan amir at viel-zu.org
Thu Mar 12 17:07:22 CET 2015

Currently the Screeninvader is licensed GPL2 or later. I don't think GPL2
is a wise choice considering the use on embedded systems. Now we still
have the chance to change it!
I like the idea of AGPL3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html) but
need your opinons.

Furthermore we should address the problem of future license changes. will
e.g. AGPL3 protect the screeninvader forever or will future developements
require a new license? Anyway, this is how openscad is solving the license
change problem:
https://github.com/openscad/openscad/blob/master/doc/contributor_copyright.txt.
do we want something similar?

Please note, that i can't change the license without your permission
unless i rewrite contributions myself. So please state your opinons on
this very important matters.

greets,
amir