[Screeninvader] how to trigger servside actions

Amir Hassan amir at viel-zu.org
Sat Apr 4 13:37:46 CEST 2015

I had some thoughts about the screeninvader web api. especially about how
to trigger server side actions.
e.g the webinterface can delete the playlist with following actions:

janosh remove /playlist/items/.
janosh mkarr /playlist/items/.

you may notice that this is by no means atomic an can lead to strange
situations. that leads me to my idea, which is simple: don't allow any
actions from the webinterface except publish and implement lua scripts the
wait for the message (e.g. playlistClear) and perform it in a safe manner.
can you come up with any actions that cannot be handled that way? a case
where we would need access to all the other janosh functions?

anyway i would even disallow a direct get action, which would lead us to a
situation where we could finally implement ACL - in lua.

greets,
amir