[Metalab] Invitation HackFu Austria 2021 - Austria’s first ever gamified convention on security in information and network systems from September 15-17, 2021

TuxCoder tuxcoder at o-g.at
Fri Apr 30 11:48:45 CEST 2021

Dear Metalab members and IT enthusiasts,

So, you dedicate your life to closing thecyber security skills gap?

Then we want to welcomeYOUto*HackFu****Austria*, Austria’s first ever
gamified convention on security in information and network systems from
September 15-17, 2021. You will have the unique opportunity of proving
your skills, together with 100 of the best minds of the Austrian cyber
security industry. Cost of participation is*free of charge*and lodging,
food & transportation to the event site are included.

*The******Challenge/***

At a secret location,*experts*and*talents*from the fields of IT, network
technology and cybersecurity will prove their skills for48 hours,
fighting a realistic security threat. In teams of20participantseach,you
willsolve tricky challenges relatingtoprogramming, malware analysis,
binary code analysis, reverse engineering, logic puzzles, lock picking
and much more.

*The Location:****Top Secret/*

Now HackFu is coming to Austria for theveryfirst time – butwhere exactly
the event will take place, we won't reveal(yet). Justlike in
arealemergency,you willhave to come to a meeting pointin Vienna,from
whichyouwill betransported to the "place of action". Butdon'tworry, your
physical well-being is of course taken care of, youwillhave a roof over
your head andwillreceive three meals a day!

*Industry Experts & Emerging Talents****under one roof**/*

The 3-day gamified challenge is aimed at a limited number of
participants who either work, research orteach (*E**xperts*) in the
field of network and information system security. We also cordially
invite everyone who is in training or who has just completed their
training (*E**merging****T**alents*). With the*first gamified convention
on cyber security ever*held in Austria, we offer a unique,
community-focusedplatform for the exchange between established
professionals andfreshtalent.Although our primary target group are
Austrian cyber security professionals and talents, we are also inviting
teams from our neighboring countries, spanning as far as our partners in
the UK and South Africa.

*The original****HackFu/*

The HackFu event originally comes from England and has been held
annually since 2007 by the IT security company MWR in cooperation with
the storytelling agency_Chronyko_in the UK and South
Africa.FindmoreontheMWR & Chronykoevents_here
<https://chronyko.com/services/hackfu/>_.

*Sign up for****HackFu Austria****is now possible**/*

On*April 19, 2021*the sign-up process for HackFu Austria has officially
opened! An application for participation can be filled out
under_https://hackfu.at/signup.html <https://hackfu.at/signup.html>_.

Please take note that filling out the form does not qualify you for
participation – the team of HackFu Austria will carefully review each
application and will, in case of adequate qualification, send you a
separate E-Mail invitation for the event in September.

*Need more info on****HackFu Austria**?*

*Find all the info on HackFu Austria:*_https://hackfu.at
<https://hackfu.at/>_

*Apply for participation:*_https://hackfu.at/signup.html
<https://hackfu.at/signup.html>_

*Find out who’s behind HackFu Austria:*_https://hackfu.at/team.html
<https://hackfu.at/team.html>_

*Forward an invitation to this unique event:*

_https://hackfu.at/static/eventflyer.pdf
<https://hackfu.at/static/eventflyer.pdf>_

*Get all the facts at one glance:*

_https://hackfu.at/static/one-pager-participants.pdf
<https://hackfu.at/static/one-pager-participants.pdf>_

*Join the conversation:*

_https://hackfu.at/discord <https://hackfu.at/discord>_

The team around HackFu Austria would be delighted to welcome you to the
first ever edition of HackFu Austria! If you have any further questions,
please do not hesitate to contact us via_orga at hackfu.at
<mailto:orga at hackfu.at>_!

Have a great day,

Norbert Summer & the HackFu Austria team

*Data Privacy Notice: this E-Mail has been sent to you under the
assumption that due to your research/teaching/studying position at one
of Austria’s major education or research centres for IT and network
systems you have a rightful interest in the offered services. We will
not send you any more E-Mails unless you declare your interest in the
event by filling in the form under_https://hackfu.at/signup.html
<https://hackfu.at/signup.html>_.

-

HackFu Austria is part of Cyber Security Austria

Blechturmgasse 11, 1050 Wien

_orga at hackfu.at <mailto:orga at hackfu.at>_