[Metalab] e-scooters: anyone got recommendations?

Jay Vaughan seclorum at icloud.com
Fri Dec 7 13:50:04 CET 2018

> On 07.12.2018, at 13:46, Philip Poten <philip.poten at gmail.com> wrote:
> I actually recently acquired a few of those motors from ripper with the intent of building a cart that lets me carry stuff from Obi to my workshop. I guess the motor control stuff should be pretty universal, but I have yet to look into it, if I would want to build it myself or just buy something off the shelf from ebay.

I’ve been making RC planes for decades, and have a bit of experience with the ESC’s for the new-school motors that have hit the scene in the last few years .. maybe there’s some knowledge there we can crossover ..

> An open source scooter would be the tits. Like, seriously cool. Also, I'm currently learning to TIG weld :P

Yeah, I really think an open source scooter would be seriously great too ..

> (but I have no clue about mechanics)

Lets think about if we can do this!  (But probably I’ll get a Ninebot ES2 some day soon anyway.. seems like it fits the bill, although I’m  now lusting after an Egret which is .. quite a bit more than my budget, but still .. lust ..

https://www.my-egret.com/?lang=de#/

;
--
Jay Vaughan