[Metalab] [intern] IC gesucht (portexpander mit PWM)

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Fri Apr 15 20:15:04 CEST 2016

On Apr 15, 2016, at 03:18 AM, overflo <flo at tekstix.com> wrote:

> ich such was mit dem ich ca 64 pins einlesen kann (input mit pullup)
> da dachte ich an einen MCP23017

Hey Flo,

I’m building smth. similar, and I’m looking at using SPI parallel input shift registers, as that’s significantly faster and easier to interface with + it can be daisy chained without any addressing issues.
I haven’t selected parts yet, but I’m looking at 74HC165 (8 inputs) or 74HC674 (16 inputs).

For LEDs I’m still favoring APA102 (aka. DotStar).

..or take a look at Flipmu (http://flipmu.com/work/arduinome/) or other open source Monome clones, which all tend to do 64 inputs + 64 LEDs in a relatively cheap fashion.

 -Marius