[Metalab] Need help, thermostat control!

Nedim Skenderovic nedim.bfo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:35:09 CEST 2015

Hi guys, how are you all!

I have a small problem and I need a bit of help with.

We (my family) recently moved houses, and this house has a somewhat remote
central heating furnace. We recently replaced it for a new furnace, but now
I need help in controlling the pump that sends hot water to my house.

I have tried to use some of those wireless thermostats, but the signal is
just not getting trough all the concrete and distance.

What I was thinking would it be possible to use a normal thermostat in
combination with some X10 home automation modules.

One module on the pump, and the other one on the thermostat, which will
send the on/off signal trough the power line?

If you could suggest me what modules to use, to send the signal from the
thermostat to the pump, that would be awesome.

Running additional wire to connect the thermostat to the pump directly is
also a possibility , but would need more work that the solution I
described.

Thank you,
Nedim