[Metalab] Hands-On GIT Workshop

Chris Hager chris at linuxuser.at
Sat May 24 11:12:29 CEST 2014

Hello everyone!

Great to see so much interest in the Git workshop, and I'm looking forward
to the first session on the upcoming *Tuesday (27.5.2014, 19:00, Hauptraum)*.
The part-1 session will cover the basics and some intermediate techniques;
feel encouraged to come to this first session if you want to know more
about Git!

So far about 25 people expressed their basic interest to attend, and I've
been thinking long and hard how to do this workshop with a larger group. I
think for the workshop to still be hands-on, we'll need to cap it at 15
people per evening and just repeat the part-1 session another evening with
second group if there is enough interest.

*If you want to attend, please let me know by attempting task 1* [1] (it's
very easy)!

If need be we'll queue first come first serve with preferential queueing
for members. If you'd like to attend the following, more advanced sessions,
please come to a part-1 session as well (if you're bored you can help or
just tune out : ).

Cheers,
Chris

[1] https://metalab.at/wiki/GIT_Workshop_2014