[Metalab] Opinions to "WunderBar - Internet of Things Starter Kit" ?

Florian Schweikert kelvan at logic.at
Fri Jan 31 13:58:48 CET 2014

On 31/01/14 08:53, Benjamin Klemencic wrote:
> WunderBar - Internet of Things Starter Kit for App Developers: Beacons (BLE) + Wifi + Sensors
> http://www.dragoninnovation.com/projects/35-wunderbar-by-relayr
>
> Could you please do me a favour and let me know your opinion?

seems nice, but don't know whats the power consumption of the wifi chip.
If you need to connect a battery-powered sensor wireless, a merkurboard
from the "Automat" might be a good way. IPv6+CoAP over 802.15.4, but you
will need another merkurboard(+usb-serial) to connect your PC/Server to
the "node-cloud". A Raspberry Pi can connect directly to a merkurboard
through the GPIO pins.

cheers,
Florian

PS: merkurboard is free/open source, but most howtos are in german atm,
but I want to translate them soon.