[Metalab] Reviving a dead monitor!

Nedim Skenderovic nedim.bfo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 21:46:21 CET 2013

Hi,

basically what I want to do is use my old laptop monitor with my rPi
project, but have not done anything like this before so would like to ask
if someone has experience in this kind of stuff..

The monitor model #  LTN154P1-L02 <http://i.imgur.com/r6W1w.jpg> Samsung

I have found this item on eBay, from China, that sells controllers for this
type of monitors and programs it, but not sure should I use it?

5451(Audio) LCD Controller logic Board AD ConverterLVDS DVI VGA DIY
1920x1200max<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370702952371&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123>

Is there a better way? Could I use something else? Any stores here in
Austria that I can check and see for this type of things?
Any suggestions?

All the best,
bfo