[Metalab] 'I understood gender discrimination once I added “Mr.” to my resume and landed a job'

Rene.Schickbauer at magnapowertrain.com Rene.Schickbauer at magnapowertrain.com
Tue Jul 16 18:27:08 CEST 2013

Hi!

> Let me know which of the following would tempt you from you desk…
>
>  1.  Keg of beer and beer tap fitted to your development desk?

Too oldschool.

>  2.  The recruitment fee as your welcome gift?

Not enough

>  3.  4 day week?

What? So i'd have to continue to develop my open source software at home an additional day instead of beeing paid for?

>  4.  Building your own team of 4 from scratch

No, thanks. This will end up in me having to do all the paper work. Urgh

>  5.  Shares and equity (so dull)

Money isn't everything. And the shares will be worthless very soon anyway.

>  6.  Commission from online sales.

Which is either not much and/or associates me with online spam.

>  7.  An endless jar of Cadbury chocolate eclairs…

I have to loose weight, not gain it.

>  8.  4X female french, italian and spanish junior / front and backend developers

Don't care about looks, gender, race or mother tongue, as long as I can do MY job without interruption and distraction. But, whatever you decide, i prefer senior developers, since they usually can do their job without having to interrupt me every 10 seconds with questions google could have answered.

>  9.  Your own Expresso [sic] coffee machine with frothy milk maker…

For some weird reasons, i like the taste of powdered instant coffee with plant fat based milk imitation much better.

>  10. 30 days paid holiday if taken in December and August.

The law says i have a right to 25 days per year anyway.

But...

> 11. Getting paid to release about half the software i write at work as open source.

But that already IS in my job description. ;-)

LG
Rene Schickbauer