[Metalab] Distributed Redundant Storage

Markus Kienast elias1884 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:42:02 CET 2012

Ceph, as far as the specs are concerned, is exactly what I need.
But I do not really believe in its reliability, as I do not believe in
the professionality of its underlaying FS btrfs.
I am on there mailinglist and what I read is not so promising.

Concerning the "productivity" of my system. Yes, it is production. I
rent a full rack at a datacenter and I have to care for storage
myself. I however would prefer a scalable system based on cheap
commodity hardware over installing an expensive enterprise SAN
solution.

So long,
Markus