[Metalab] Needed: 3D artist/hacker to collaborate with on lab-style projects ..

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon May 24 22:28:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

For fun (and no profit) I am working my way through coding some 3D
engine work, as a hobby and to teach myself some of the techniques for
good OpenGL ES coding (for mobile platforms).  I'm a C/C++ programmer
and I have been hacking on 3D engine code for iPhone, Android, and
PlaszmaOS environments .. and I'm now at the point where I want to
make some more sensible-looking apps, with a refined style.  I've done
quite a few tutorials/demos and so on, and understand the basics of
what I'm getting involved with, but now I'd like to get something nice-
looking happening on the screen instead of using stock geometry.

So I need a modeller who can work with me to tightly design a nice-
looking game or two .. I have a game project in mind, but also am
willing to take on the task of implementing the code for an artists
design, if all it takes to bring your design to reality is to explain
it to a programmer and give him the models in the right format! :)

I could really use some interactive modelling->exporting->code-hacking-
 >playing sessions involving an artist at the beginning of the
pipeline .. So, if you are someone who knows Blender or Wings3D or
some other similar light-weight modelling package (since I will need
to run it as well), and wants to work on a 3D game or some 3D
programming work in general, please contact me.

;
--
Jay Vaughan