[Metalab] 3D-printing wanted

Joanna Pianka joanna at 300dpi.at
Sun Jul 4 07:03:58 CEST 2010

autocad, rhino and 3dsmax can export .stl-files! i can have a look
over the troubles caused by converting. important questions are
general settings, scaling, linetypes, possible plot sizes, possible
objects (f.ex.: object in objet?), thickness of material,...

each architecture student knows about problems with not closed
polylines, etc. the reappear in every conversion case (and we have to
deal _a lot_ with them)

the best way is to make a photoshop (or gimp or whatever) tutorial
"for dummies". even if architecture students know how to use software
on a macbook it doesn't mean, they know, how to use other things on a
computer (q.e.d.).

if this works, reality is just a few clicks away....

and yes, i can help you, if you help me :)

best,