[Metalab] Security by Candlelight @ 07.30 PM, Thu 14|01|10 - Advanced Network Security

astera astera at hackerspaces.org
Sun Jan 10 23:31:35 CET 2010

Ohai haxx0rs,

this Thursday, Jan 14th, 2010 starting 07.30 PM we'd love to invite
you to participate in the first Security by Candlelight (held at
Metalab's infamous L...L...Library Loft) of the year!

This sessions topic is 'Advanced Network Security', a workshop
focusing on the realisation of IT Security in the level of network-
infrastructure.
Usually Security is implemented at single points of a network (eg. at
firewalls or on important servers). The perspective from an network-
infrastructure often is uncared-for. The growing complexity of network-
structures brings along many risks for secure traffic and high
availability. You will learn what kind of dangers there are on a
network level and how efficient security-measures can be implemented.

The event will be hosted by our guest instructor Daniel Mende (ERNW
Heidelberg).

Hope to see y'all there,
/astera