[Metalab] Open Money (war Job-Angebot: PHP Programmierer)

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Nov 21 19:05:47 CET 2008

> One would think that!  But, the history of alternative money systems
> is
> littered with attempts to share software;  none have ever worked to my
> knowledge.  It was certainly the biggest mistake I made, it's
> unworkable
> to even give away software for lack of common agreement, let alone
> sell it.

The only sure-fire way to make money with software is to pack it
inside working hardware and sell that.  Beyond that its a crap shoot.

> I guess this is because money is such a complex subject that nobody
> can
> agree on it.  It is like the proverbial elephant and the blind men.
> All
> are holding a part and will not agree on what they feel.  If you put
> the
> Strohalm people in a room with the Paypal room, there won't be a
> single
> point of agreement, and I wouldn't agree with either of them :)

What is money but measured agreement?  Its no wonder we are
experiencing economic difficulties; we don't as a society have a
common-enough reality to all agree on right now, to make it worthwhile
the trade!  The general disaffection we large number of people feel
with each other (as represented by trade figures and market indexes
and so on) costs us all a great deal, but the question always begs to
be asked: from where can we gain salvation?

Innovation and daring success, thats where.  Save us, hacker!

;
--
Jay Vaughan