[Metalab] Anyone in the 'lab got PonyProg?

Marius Kintel kintel at sim.no
Mon May 5 10:30:00 CEST 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 10:14 AM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

> Does anyone in the lab have PonyProg for AVR?  I have a mignon game
> kit that I'm hacking around on and it seems like it'd be a little more
> productive for me to use PonyProg to upload code to it than it is
> right now with the demo version of BASCOM-AVR ..

Hi Jay,

I'm in Norway right now, so I can only give virtual help.

First of all, I think you want to program this using normal C (avr-
gcc) instead of Bascom.
In case, AVRDUDE should work for uploading programs. It might be some
work to get it up and running in terms of mapping which ports do
which, and implement whatever basic libraries are available in C.

You could probably use Arduino as well, as this is the same controller
as on early Arduino boards, although the bootloader and pinout
probably aren't 100% compatible.

I'm not going to be very available this week, but I can definitely get
you up and running when I'm back middle of next week.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.