AW: [Metalab] Robotics

Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at
Wed Feb 21 13:46:22 CET 2007

Marius Kintel <kintel at sim.no> schrieb am 21.02.2007 11:32:41:
> > Bin noch nicht dazu gekommen ihn mir näher anzuschauen, aber der
> > iRobot Create (www.irobot.com) sieht recht brauchbar aus und ist
> > ziemlich preiswert.
> >
> If anyone is ordering iRobots, I'm in for one as well!
>
> These things are quite robust, high-quality and reasonably priced for
> what you get.
> They should be quite hackable as well, but they use a relatively weak
> Atmel microcontroller, so you don't want to install Linux on it.
> Attaching a Gumstix to it and talking to the robot in real-time over
> serial/USB should be easy though.

I'm thinking about buying a bunch of them (probably about five) for quite
some time.
So if someone else is interrested too, we could order a 10-pack:
http://store.irobot.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2591511

But they are sold without batteries,control module and any additional
goodies. So altogether you end up with something like 250$ per robot.

cu andreas