[Metalab-announce] december 23rd : : SUPERMARKET DECONSTRUCTION WORKSHOP

Stefanie Wuschitz stefanie.wuschitz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:36:16 CET 2010

miss baltazar's laboratory presents:
SUPERMARKET DECONSTRUCTION WORKSHOP
*WITH SELENA SAVIC*

*WHERE: **Museumsquartier / quartier 21 | Museumsplatz 1 | 1070 Wien*

*WHEN: **December 23rd | 6pm*

*
*

**
*

s u p e r m a r k e t   d e c o n s t r u c t i o n   w o r k s h o p

a   c r i t i c a l   a n a l y s i s   o f   a n   i n d u s t r y ‘ s   c
h a i n   o f    c a p i t a l i s a t i o n

a workshop in building a city simulation game with an emphasis on the
problem of food industry distribution models

and the way they reorganize the space.

EAT IT! <http://eatitgame.com/> City Simulator is a game about the spatial
impact of different economic models and the conflict of public and private
interests. The players assume the roles of owners of market chains. They
build the city and enforce political and corporate interests they represent
upon the space. Operating with elementary urban planning tools, the game
harbours an awareness of the power structures involved. The players are
trying to occupy all commercial zones (grocery stores) with supermarkets,
until one of them establishes monopoly.

http://eatitgame.com

http://how-do-you-like-them-apples.info

More in detail on the workshop:

At the workshop, we will (re)create the game rules and elements, while
discussing the problems of power distribution in spatial and economic
systems. I offer this game structure as a format to apply to the problem we
are looking at; it is open to the players to redefine any rule and modify
the game flow, change the game’s focus from the food industry to real estate
business etc.

http://www.mzbaltazarslaboratory.org/blogDE/
*