[CNC] Werkstattstaubsauger Dyson

Armin Faltl armin.faltl at aon.at
Thu Jul 17 13:27:18 CEST 2014

Actually the situation gets confusing: the reports claim, that e.g. the
Orky (http://www.orky.de/)
does not clean dust very, but what I've seen myself is, that a filter in
the air stream out of my
Siemens vac, (sucked by the Orky )became grey in minutes, while the same
type of filter (?)
in the outlet stream of the Orky stayed absolutely white, after a much
longer time.
Conspiracy theories lurk everywhere - the only remedy is measuring
ourselves...

On 2014-07-17 11:11, Armin Faltl wrote:

> On 2014-07-17 10:17, Joe Nassimian wrote:
>> Now that being said, we do need a better cleaning equipment at the
>> metalab, and this thread kind of turned into a motivator to build one.
> I too, do not endorse the abuse of equipment.
> A vacuum cleaner with the outlined features is however desirable in it
> self (but see below).
>>
>> Armin, just let me know when you'll be working on it at the lab, and
>> I'll show up with one of the turbines, apart from that, I'm not sure
>> how else I can help.
> At the moment, I'm pretty busy, so I can just supervise a construction
> and contribute literature like the paper about cyclones. Throwing
> together a (simple) model on my CAD system may be possible,
> but I don't like to promise it (soon).
>
> So my approach is, to start with the frame and the gas washer.
> If we don't get the washer right, the entire project is doomed.
> The cyclone is there, just to prevent coarse material that might block
> them, to enter the nozzles of the washer. (A sieve would serve that
> purpose too, so it does a bit more ;-)
>
> http://www.ciao.de/Doring_Orky__Test_1074330
> http://members.aon.at/orky/orky/orky.pdf
>
> Well, after reading the 2nd test report, my enthusiasm for a water
> filter/
> gas washer is more or less gone. Before we put any effort into that
> project, several points have to be clarified...
>
> Regards, Armin

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Armin Faltl

Dipl. Ing. Armin Faltl
Mechatroniker für Maschinen- u. Fertigungstechnik & Schlosserei
Heinrich Leflergasse 6, A-1220 Wien
e-mail: armin.faltl at aon.at
mobile: +43 676 44 44 922
phone : +43 1 282 86 38