[CNC] Werkstattstaubsauger Dyson

Armin Faltl armin.faltl at aon.at
Tue Jul 15 02:50:47 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-14 21:11, Joe Nassimian wrote:
> I'm all for, but you make it sound like it's easy as pie. Proper
> cyclone modelling requires a few factors to be taken into account
> doesn't it? Like the suction pressure, size of the air inlet and
> outlet, and a few other parameters.
I've seen and semi-read dissertations about the subject and yes, there's
a lot to it.
But I've searched long enough, to find formulas, that allow dimensioning
with a pocket
calculator - I've done it before, actually for a vacuum cleaner to empty
cans of wood ash.
This works very well and can be scaled down a bit, if required.

> However I have never heard of orcy, neither seems google. Is it
> similar to the technology of those industrial cyclonic separators used
> to clean gas using a fluid that's injected into the cyclone?
maybe it's spelled Orky / no, it's the other way round: a jet of bubbles
(that simply form) is injected into
a bath of water (potentially with some tensides) by submerging a nozzle.
The jet then forms a system of
vortices in the bath, that make the bubble-trails longer and finer, so
the contact area is maximized

> Anyways, I have two 1000W vacuum turbines that were pulled out of an
> industrial vacuum (a numatic I believe). I got them for a dust
> collection project I have in mind, don't know if a portable dust
> collector/vacuum can be designed to make use of them.
Sounds Good
> If it does, it would mean more shelf space for me, a fun project to
> collaborate on, and a proper cleaning equipment for the lab ...
> However to reduce the noise, maybe as suggested earlier by Armin, a
> centrifugal fan would make meeting the requirements easier.
For a quick start of the project, one of the turbines should be fine.
Once we know, the gas washer and the cyclone work, we can still
optimize, by making it comfortable.

thanks!