[CNC] Werkstattstaubsauger Dyson

Joe Nassimian joe.nassimian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 23:11:57 CEST 2014

I'm all for, but you make it sound like it's easy as pie. Proper cyclone
modelling requires a few factors to be taken into account doesn't it? Like
the suction pressure, size of the air inlet and outlet, and a few other
parameters.

It's enough mind abusing that people sometimes managed to write over 100
pages
<http://monarch.qucosa.de/fileadmin/data/qucosa/documents/5333/data/diss.pdf>
about this topic. And here is another dude
<http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/cyclone_plan.cfm> that details
the build process of a sawdust dust collector that uses cyclonic separation
(the very object of inspiration for the dyson products).

However I have never heard of orcy, neither seems google. Is it similar to
the technology of those industrial cyclonic separators used to clean gas
using a fluid that's injected into the cyclone?

Anyways, I have two 1000W vacuum turbines that were pulled out of an
industrial vacuum (a numatic I believe). I got them for a dust collection
project I have in mind, don't know if a portable dust collector/vacuum can
be designed to make use of them. If it does, it would mean more shelf space
for me, a fun project to collaborate on, and a proper cleaning equipment
for the lab ... However to reduce the noise, maybe as suggested earlier by
Armin, a centrifugal fan would make meeting the requirements easier.

Joe