[Startups] blossom - smart bug & issue tracking

Thomas Schranz tosh at blossom.io
Mon Mar 14 20:20:32 CET 2011

http://www.blossom.io

what is it about?:

bug and issue tracking for small and medium teams (~20 ppl).
focus on software development.

please sign in for early access - we will need beta tester input soonish
also feel free to post any recommendations/articles/papers about freemium vs
trial.
we need to figure out how and what we charge (I lately discovered that we
have avoided this topic and need to tackle it now)

already great input was:

* it is alright to charge if it saves money/is worth it
* definitely provide a trial time (30-60 days)
* give incentives to close the deal with discounts at the end of trial phase

quotes:

dropbox founder on quora question:
http://www.quora.com/Dropbox/Why-did-Dropbox-decide-to-go-with-a-free-plan-instead-of-a-limited-time-trial

joel spolsky via refinder: