[Screeninvader] ITU-R BS.1770-3

Arthur Wist arthur.wist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 21:20:40 CEST 2015

I wrote the below mail back then in jest, but since then I've learned that
this exists:
https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/libebur128

Which is used by this:
https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/libgroove

Which provides a sink interface.

ffmpeg also contains a filter_complex for this, "ebur128" (which stupidly
uses peak=none instead of peak=true as the default)

Another option seems to be ebumeter, which integrates with jackd:

https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/ebumeter

But these two only provide measurement, not adjustment.

So ITU-R BS.1770-3 now /might/ actually be viable to use for controlling
the output loudness (instead of - or in addition to - the volume)-->Figured
one of you might wish to know. :)

(I'd phrase this as a feature request, but while it now looks semi-viable
instead of like a joke, I bet it'd probably still be a pain in the ass to
do)

(original email slightly modified for privacy reasons)