[Metalab] Help repairing a Thinkpad, can provide beers

Peter Kuhm peter at null.priv.at
Sat Nov 26 14:21:23 CET 2022

Ciao Carlo,

you may consider to pack your Thinkpad patient + power supply
and join the ongoing Hackathon

==> https://metalab.at/wiki/Hackathon_0x14

You're welcome to drop by and ask around if someone wants to
assist with the inspection/repair. Such a project is spot-on
for this kind of hackathon and equally fine to join in for
just a couple of hours.

Just checked the dedicated matrix room - rather idling
https://matrix.to/#/#metahackathondroelf:matrix.org

If not done yet you can also connect to Metalabs open element.io
room for more timely response than here on the lazy list.

br,
Peter

On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 09:17:06 +0000 Carlo Ascani via Metalab wrote:

> Greetings,
> is anyone interested in trying to repair a Thinkpad x200s?
> The Monitor leds switch on, but the power button does nothing.

tried to boot without battery?

Don't be confused by the big blue ThinkVantage button. :)
The plain power button is in the center, in front of the LEDs.

There are several monitors at the lab to use but I think
not so much 15 pin VGA cables. If you have one at hand you
may take it with you to connect an external monitor during
troubleshooting.

Useful ressources including links to manuals:

https://thinkwiki.de/X200#X200s
https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:X200s