[Metalab] IETF Hackathon Mar 19-20 in Vienna: come hack with the internet standards makers!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Mar 10 09:31:58 CET 2022

The IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) is meeting in Vienna starting next
week.  This is group behind so much that we know and love, like TLS, HTTP, DNS,
QUIC, TCP/IP, SMTP, and more.

The IETF is open to all, but the main proceedings cost money.  The Hackathon
provides a gratis and easy introduction to IETF, it is on the weekend of March
19th and 20th.  I recommend at least stopping by even just out of curiosity.

https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/113-hackathon/

A number of Guardian Project people will be there, including me.  We're working
on TLS Encrypted ClientHello (ECH aka ESNI), HTTP Transport Authentication, and
QUIC-based VPN-ish thing known as MASQUE.

.hc