[Metalab] seeking Android/Python contractors for mobile/free software/privacy work

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Feb 4 10:22:50 CET 2022

We're looking for self-motivated, free software hackers to work with Guardian
Project on privacy and internet freedom for mobile devices. Our work is 100%
free software and we have a steady stream of projects that tie into F-Droid,
Tor, IPFS, Debian, and censorship circumvention.  We work to support people and
communities around the world.  This is a flexible, remote position but we also
like to work in person when possible.

About you:

* Have at least a few years experience with native Android and/or Python.
* Demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively.
* Understand public, free software workflows
* Are proactive and self-directed.
* Fluent in Git.

Bonus points for:

* Ruby/Go/C/Rust skills
* Debian (and derivatives)
* Ansible/Docker/Vagrant/Kubernetes
* Experience with GitLab and its API
* Understanding privacy implications of metadata
* Life experiences that are underrepresented in tech work
* Fluency in more than one language
* User research and UX design
* Blogging and writing

About us:

This is for projects managed by Hans-Christoph Steiner. We work in Vienna,
Austria so ideally you work in a similar time zone, but that is not a
requirement. We work in English but our team members speak many languages. Work
is contract-based but with the possibility to shift into full-time employment in
the future.

Please reply off-list to accounting at at.or.at

.hc