[Metalab] FAB16 Mainstreaming Open Source Hardware, Fab- & OpenEco- Villages

leopold zyka leopold.zyka at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:04:36 CEST 2021

Dear OSH friends,
FAB16 has started
Please register for free and attend online https://fab16.org/
You find the ZOOM link after registration

Tomorrow there will be two interesting workshops:
*1) Mainstreaming Open Source Hardware*

*2021-08-10     CEST TIME     11h30am - 13hpm*

Open Source Hardware (OSHW) can be a key to longer lasting and repairable
products and a new modular way of development. We are looking for ways to
grow the field. Therefore we want to start an alliance of FabLabs with the
aim to help companies produce OSHW products and create sustainable
businesses. We think FabLabs can play a crucial role as catalysts in this
field and want to join forces. So far we have WAAG (Amsterdam), Maker
(Copenhagen), and the transforming FabLab Berlin as a starting group,
supported by OSEG and others. We would like to use this workshop to meet
with interested members from other spaces and brainstorm about needs,
experiences, and approaches to make OSHW a common way of developing new
products. We can share some experiences from projects like the Pocket
Science Lab, Careables, and DIN SPEC 3105 (the first DIN spec under a CC
license).

*2) * *"Fab- & OpenEco- Villages"*
Communities at the forefront of regenerative development

*2021-08-10     CEST TIME     7h30pm – 9pm*

*OBJECTIVES *To discuss the potentials and vision of rural regions in the
context of a network of
*OpenEcoVillages*. How can rural regions be imagined in the future? What is
the *role of Open Source* and *Open Governance* in this regard? How could
we initiate a process to pursue this?

To show that the future of many who are experiencing the limits of city
life in times of manifold crisis from climate to Corona could lie in a
reconsidered and *reinvented countryside*, built on informed community
action and growing networks of support.

*GOAL OF THE SESSION*
Extend the *FAB CITY concept* to *FAB REGIONS* (rural areas) theoretically
/ conceptionally
Find partners and strategies.

*AGENDA*

*Part 1: Keynote *

   - Why is the rural region relevant for the future?
   - What is an *OpenEcoLab*?
   - Why are OpenEcoLabs a relevant puzzle peace?
   - The benefits of *co-design / co-creation*
   - How could we imagine collaboration?
   - The *vivihouse* project (examplification by Nikolas)
   - What could be the benefit of an *OpenEcoVillage Network*?
   - The *FabCity Global Initiative*  -> focuses only on cities...
   - Who can help us along the way? Potential Partners
   - *The New European Bauhaus Initiative*

*Part 2: Co-Creation / Co-Design with participants SETUP*
*Language:* English
*ZOOM link* comes from FAB16-organization.
*Please register! at:* https://fab16.sched.com/event/liKQ
The session will be recorded and published in the public

*miro-board* (read only): https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_l4djyV4=/
*Cryptopad* (read and write) for all participants:
https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/XP08nN7n8uBXCcB6I-KIMY+A/