[Metalab] ACM Digital Library bis 30.06.2020 gratis offen

Albert Rafetseder albert.rafetseder+metalab at univie.ac.at
Mon Mar 30 17:10:45 CEST 2020

Grüß Euch,

TL;DR: Eine große Informatik-Paper-Datenbank öffnet ihre virtuellen
Tore, bei freiem Eintritt:

https://dl.acm.org

Langfassung: Die Digital Library der Association for Computing Machinery
ist eine große Datenbank für wissenschaftliche Arbeiten im Bereich der
Informatik. Normalerweise ist sie kostenpflichtig, und ein so ein
Fachartikel kostet gerne mal 15€ aufwärts.

Bis 30.06.2020 ist die Bezahlschranke offen [1], wegen Corona und alles.

Also: Lest Papers! :-)

Schöne Grüße,
  Albert.

----8<----

[1]
https://www.acm.org/articles/bulletins/2020/march/dl-access-during-covid-19

 Open Access to ACM Digital Library During Coronavirus Pandemic
March 30, 2020

Dear ACM Members:

As the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic continues, we at ACM would like to
do what we can to help support the computing community. Many computing
researchers and practitioners are now working remotely. In addition,
teaching and learning have also moved online as more and more campuses
close.

We believe that ACM can help support research, discovery and learning
during this time of crisis by opening the ACM Digital Library to all.
For the next three months, there will be no fees assessed for accessing
or downloading work published by ACM. We hope this will help
researchers, practitioners and students maintain access to our
publications as well as increasing visibility and awareness of ACM’s
journals, proceedings and magazines. Please be sure to inform your
colleagues that the ACM DL is now open, and will continue that way
through June 30, 2020.

This global health crisis is a unique challenge that has impacted many
ACM members. We would like to express our concern and support for all
who are affected by this outbreak.

Stay well!

Cherri Pancake
ACM President