[Metalab] lme roller?

Jay Vaughan seclorum at icloud.com
Tue Jan 1 01:00:15 CET 2019

Hey flo,

We got a Xiaomi m365 donated to the lab, minus a working controller board, and ripper got it working with a replacement PCB (sourced from Ali-Express?), so there has been a bit of scooter hacking  at the Metalab recently — as I understand it both  Lime and Bird use the Xioami m365 as well as the Ninebot/Segway ES2 as the OEM components, so you could be referring, with “Lime roller”, to either model.

Anyway the metalabs’ m365 is pretty neat, I took it for a spin around the Rathaus park and it was terrific.  Made me wish I had a helmet on, though.

I’m for sure going to get an e-scooter for 2019, personally .. I think they’re a fantastic way to get around.  Pretty set on a Dualtron or Speedway clone, if I can find something like it in Europe ..

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-speedway-iii-665wh-battery-600w-motor/ <https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-speedway-iii-665wh-battery-600w-motor/>

Dunno about hackability of the Dualtron/Speedways by comparison with the workhorse m365/Ninebot  For sure, the m365 seems to be a pretty hacker-friendly platform - mods and clone parts abound.

j.