[Metalab] e-scooters: anyone got recommendations?

Jay Vaughan seclorum at icloud.com
Fri Dec 7 14:02:58 CET 2018

> On 07.12.2018, at 13:53, Markus Kienast <elias1884 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tested all models of the rentals available in Vienna. And I strongly root for the Xiaomi m365, as it is the only one with air tires. And that makes the hell of a difference. Full rubber tires kill your back quickly!

This is not so much of an issue for me, since most of my route into the city is a nice smooth bike-path (Donau Insel -> Donau Kanal -> Gurtel) .. and as far as I can tell, the ES2 is the only one with cruise control - which for that distance is going to be kind of crucial.  No point exacerbating carpal tunnel before I get to the desk. ;)

But, good to know about the tires.

> The only problem, that I have with the m365 is power. It is not as strong uphill a s the others. But maybe some addon battery is available, which might resolve that problem as well.

This is another thing in the favour of the ES2: easy add-on battery accessory.

> The current LIME model sucks for its breaks. The recuperation is not tied to the actual break. So you need to hop on the backwheel as well and can not break with hand handles alone!!!

Ah, this is very good to know.  I guess I’m going to have to test-drive them all as well .. I think the ES2 has regenerative braking though, also?  That seems like a must-have for the eco-conscious at least ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan
seclorum at icloud.com