[Metalab] solving chinese captcha

Herbert Poetzl herbert at 13thfloor.at
Sun Dec 11 00:06:27 CET 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 09:58:05AM +0100, Amir Hassan wrote:
> I'm working on rooting a camcorder and it would come in handy to have the
> datasheet of the SoC (Ambarella A2S70) . after some searching i found it
> hosted at baidu
> (http://wenku.baidu.com/view/6b4148ddc8d376eeaeaa3191.html?pn=50). but
> instead of browsing through it online (which is cumbersome) i would like
> to download it, which requires me to register. with the help of google
> translate i was almost there - but then the page challenged me to solve a
> captcha with chinese characters. -.-
> is there someone on this list able to solve the captcha for me?
> btw. there are credentials listed at bugmenot:
> http://bugmenot.com/view/wenku.baidu.com but i don't know if they work.

There is another version on csdn.net:
http://download.csdn.net/detail/leeshs/5157746

And if that is the right one, here is a way to get an
offline version of the document:

 - Open the URL in FireFox
 - Enable the Developer Tools (CTRL-SHIFT-I)
 - Select the Network Tab and reload the Page
 - Look for a large file which comes from
   preview.download.csdn.net as octet-stream
 - Copy the URL (right click, Copy URL)

Make sure swftools and wget are installed on your Linux
system, then do:

wget -O Paper.swf 'http://preview.download.csdn.net/new/swf...='
swfcombine -o A2S70.swf /path/to/simple_viewer.swf viewport=Paper.swf
open the A2S70.swf in FireFox and enjoy

Best,
Herbert