[Metalab] Deadline extended to 15 July – Changing Worlds: Engaging Science and Technology in Arts, Academia and Activism

Thomas Danecker tda at posteo.at
Mon Jul 6 20:58:59 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

We have extended the Submission deadline for the Changing Worlds Conference to 15 July!

While we have already received many exciting and creative submissions (thank you! :)) and are knee-deep in preparing our reviews, we have decided to set a final deadline for 15 July to give you a bit more time to send in abstracts/proposals during those hot summer-days.

We are happy to continue to receive submissions from people of all backgrounds – that includes, for academics, all fields from the humanities to the social, natural and technological sciences. It is not required that your work ticks the boxes of all three categories (art, academia and activism); much rather, we are interested in your, for example, academic work on activist or artistic topics or how it includes activist or artistic dimensions. We understand that the degrees to which such overlaps occur vary from project to project – and we are curious to see what methods, strategies and ideas you used in your particular work.

Send us your 300–400-word abstract or proposal to changingworlds.sts at univie.ac.at – for more information about contributing and the conference in general, please see https://changingworlds.univie.ac.at/cfc/.

Best wishes,
Angela, Bernhard, Boka, Dely, Helene, Mercedes, Milena, Nikolaus, Thomas, Victoria