[Metalab] keybase.io invites

Thomas Raschbacher lordvan at lordvan.com
Tue Jan 20 10:28:41 CET 2015

Am 17.01.2015 um 03:35 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:57:40AM +0100, Thomas Raschbacher wrote:
>> Hi.
>
>> Just wanted to let you know that I have some invites for
>> keybase.io left if anyone is interested just let me know.
>
> So does Taylor Swift :)
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but care to elaborate what keybase.io is?
> Is it the MIT PGP Key Server for the next generation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Herbert

Well basically you upload your public key - verify it (either with their
tool, or command line gpg + curl+ perl i think) and then you can also
verify your twitter, github, webpage,.. through public postings on
twitter, github or uploading a file to your webpage (specified location)

while it doesn't verify your name (since that would be impossible with
what it does) it does let you "sign" your webpage, .. with your key and
stores the info in a public place -- sure you could just post that
somewhere else but it gives some central place for this - which i think
is not a bad idea.

If you feel like it you can also upload your private key and use it to
sign/encrypt ont eh page - all done in javascript afaik - but I don'T
really want to do that myself ^^

Anyway .. while I am at it .. My new key isn'T signed by anyone yet are
there any gpg keysigning events planned @ metalab - or in vienna in general?

Regards,
  Thomas Raschbacher