[Metalab] 2.4 ghz jammer .. oder sowas in der richtung

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Mon Jun 23 09:02:43 CEST 2014

> steht da eine drone in der luft und fliegt munter von haus zu haus mit kamera unten dran die dann auch geschwenkt wird.
> ich deut dem ding er soll wegfliegen und er tuts nicht.

Disclaimer: As a drone pilot (and flyer of other things), I find this really discouraging that people would ignore your request to stop bothering you, and on behalf of drone pilots everywhere, I apologize for this crass behavior.

In the RC community, there is a big effort to do something about this rudeness factor by all the AOL’er^W coming into the scene (we are experiencing an eternal-September factor in the RC community right now, with all the cheap stuff making barrier to entry easier) - not all of us are using drones for spying and pissing off our neighbors.  Some of us use the technology responsibly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvq7uqqy8Qg

One solution that we in the drone community are coming to accept, to solve your problem: lasers.  Shine one on the camera.  A responsible pilot, if they get flashed by a laser, will leave the area.  I’m (almost) positive you have a big laser - shine it on the camera.  Those CCD’s don’t like lasers.  (Are you able to identify the drone - was it white, with a GoPro slung underneath?  The DJI Phantom, perhaps? http://www.dji.com/product/phantom)

Spark-gap transmitters can be devastating, especially if its a factory-made drone with cheap electronics.  Be aware though, that some of the more sophisticated (non-factory) setups can be quite difficult to jam unless you’re really, really putting out power - enough to knock out all the wifi in the neighborhood as well.

I flew my drone around quite happily all weekend - while it is an intrusive technology if you use it to spy on people, its also very, very fun if you fly responsibly in public skies without hassling people.  I’d encourage you to not be turned off this hobby too soon - its really quite fun to build your own drone and fly it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULHJvUq8ZuA

Also: if you want to test your jammer, I volunteer my services as a crash pilot.  I have a factory drone as well as some more sophisticated digital electronics that I’d be happy to flight-test under the adverse conditions you can generate.

For that matter, any time anyone wants to come flying in my neighborhood, I’m willing to start a flight school too .. ;)

j.