[Metalab] Open discussion tomorrow night: 'You, Online: Identity, Networks, and the Self'

Just a traveler.. have.fun.chosen.one at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 15:56:07 CEST 2014

Hi Metalab,

Just a quick reminder: there will be an open discussion tomorrow night kindly hosted at your hackerspace.

The discussion is called You, Online: Identity, Networks, and the Self. It’s mainly about the different trends in online surveillance, identity, and data analytics, and how they affect your life and the future of everyone. Unfortunately, my part of the discussion will only be in English, but I encourage folks to have conversations among themselves before/during/afterwards. I’ve given this talk a couple of times around Europe and in the US, and that strategy has worked quite well.

As for the person who posted a question on the wiki, the grant is being given by an American organization called ‘House of Medici’ (no relation to the real house of medici). They study urban ethnography, eco-design, and social interaction to fuel conversations about changes in the 21st century. As for code, the talk isn’t focused on technical points. In fact, the talk is intentionally designed for people of all skill levels and technical knowledge. So, please bring anyone that might be interested.

You can direct any more questions to me, and I hope to see everyone at the BBQ on the 23rd as well!

Thanks,

Abhay Agarwal