[Metalab] 4D Printing is the Future of Design - Please comment on this

Benjamin Klemencic benjamin at klemencic.org
Thu Feb 13 17:45:26 CET 2014

Fascinating!!! Thanks for sharing this info!

Besides the impressive technology behind this... the Sculpture "dicker Mann" made by Alexander Kiesling must be the smallest part of Art I've ever seen and it's beautiful :-D
http://amt.tuwien.ac.at/typo3temp/pics/4b35ea8555.jpg

I guess you've already seen this 3d printer (which I've forgotten to mention in the list below) by the Architects Petr Novikov, Inder Shergill and Anna Kulik, from the Institute for Advance Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) which creates architecture out of soil:
http://www.stonespray.com/
For sure it's not on the scale of μm ;-) like the two photon polymerization you linked to. TWO PHOTON ... I regret having left university much too early.

Another printer which is worth mentioning is the Solar Sinter 2011 by Markus Kayser http://www.markuskayser.com/work/solarsinter/

BR and thanks again - your info has brighten my day
Benjamin