[Metalab] Please don't use our Mendel90 Dibond 3D Printer until it is fixed. Need help

Michael Kafka m.kafka at aon.at
Fri Dec 12 19:26:54 CET 2014

Hi all,

it looks like there are some important parts
missing from the hot-end assembly, especially
a hollow-lock set screw like this one:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#set-screws/=uzrymv

This hollow-lock screw holds the PTFE lining
inside the nozzle holder:
http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/thumb/8/8c/Jhn_nozzle_holder_v5_metric.jpg/150px-Jhn_nozzle_holder_v5_metric.jpg

If this screw is missing and the PTFE lining
is loose, the filament has not sufficient
guidance while it is beeing fed into the melting
chamber and the molten filament can completely
mess up the hot end.

I have no idea who played around again and
just put the broken 3D printer back without
saying a word, makes me sad...

Please be a little more disciplined when
working with expensive and maintenance-intensive
machinery.

I'll try to get the parts tomorrow,

Where can I get a screw like mentioned above?
(5/16-24 hollow-lock socket set screw )

Where can I get PTFE (vulgo Teflon) tubes?
(metric: 6.35 mm OD, 3.175mm ID)

Greets,

MiKa