[Metalab] Visitor from Australia (also, presents!)

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Sun Apr 27 09:59:19 CEST 2014

Hallo Metalab!

I'm an Australian who is visiting Vienna for a week. Can't wait to
come and see Das Metalab! I'm a member of the Melbourne Hackerspace,
and I used to be in the Canberra Hackerspace "Make Hack Void".

I looked at the calendar (thanks @MacLemon for tweeting back at me)
and am hoping to visit this afternoon during World Pinhole Day.

I also brought some presents for Metalab. I was in Shenzhen last month
for Dangerous Prototypes Hacker Camp, and I got a BGA Reballing
Practice Kit. Everything you need to reball BGAs!

I wrote a bit about Hacker Camp and reballing here if you're curious:
http://projectgus.com/2014/04/shenzhen-hacker-camp/

I also do some work for "Freetronics". We design and make open source
hardware. So I brought a new board I designed as a present - EtherDue
(an Arduino Due compatible with built in Ethernet.) I also brought two
of our "LeoStick" USB key sized Arduino-compatibles. Hope they might
be useful for someone's Metalab creations!

I'll make sure to find out where the best place to leave such gifts
might be, so as not to create junk.

Finally, I have a request. This week my partner is at a conference
during the day. I am planning to spend some time being a tourist, but
also I have an open source Bluetooth Low Energy project I'd like to
work on. Is it likely the space might be open during the day when I
could maybe come in to work on my project? I saw "Immer, wenn jemand
da ist." and I know there are no guaranteed times but was wondering if
it's usual or unusual during daytime work hours. :) :) Happy to pay
any membership fee too.

Sorry for the long email!

- Angus

PS Sorry also for posting in English. Ich verstehe ein bissen Deutsch,
aber mein Deutsch is schlecht!