[Metalab] Who wants to join the Metalab DIY DRONES Team (was Re: [intern] lomo copter)

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Mar 6 13:27:57 CET 2013

Okay, I've ordered one of these:

http://store.diydrones.com/APM_2_5_Kit_p/br-ardupilotmega-05.htm

.. and I'm going to get it installed in my AXN Clouds Flyer in the next few weeks, and start using it.  I simply can't wait until my 5 year old gets his own auto-pilot instead of having me snatch the controls when he gets too close to the rail line in my neighborhood .. ;)

So this is pretty much a message to anyone who wants to start/participate in a DIY DRONES workshop - we can build planes/copters, we can program them, we can crash them, we can fly them, we can use them to put mjam.at out of business (j/k), and so on .. is anyone else interested - please raise hands?

If we get enough folks interested, we should start a workshop and get cranking out some planes and other fun flying things.

j.

;
--
Jay Vaughan