[Metalab] OHM2013 / Wetterballoons?

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Tue Jan 29 16:07:52 CET 2013

On 2013-01-29, at 08:51 , Thomas Steinbrenner wrote:

> Nur aus Interesse: Was spricht gegen Wasserstoff?
> Helium wird angeblich immer knapper.

I talked to a weather ballon guy at HAR and he recommended Hydrogen for two reasons: price and better lift.
He didn't seem concerned about flammability, even though I asked concrete questions about how to best ignite it from a distance :/
(although adding oxygen should fix that shortcoming)

Regarding helium: I called around and got it from a family-run balloon business. I believe the 50L bottle was ~200 EUR.

 -Marius