[Metalab] Design stencils for the Laser Cutter?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Apr 6 10:06:02 CEST 2013

I really am lusting for these:

http://www.uistencils.com/collections/steel-stencils

But: too expensive!  $100?  wtf.  Also I'd want a full set.

Rather than rip those guys off, and in lieu of spending ridiculous amounts of money, and while I wait for Inkscape to start up before I dig in and start making my own, I thought I'd ask if anyone else on Metalab has designed something similar, or would like to, for DIY/lasercutting?

Maybe such a thing (sorry UIStencils) as a customized MetaLab stencil kit would be something we could use to raise funds for the 'lab?  I see this being useful in interesting ways ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan