[Metalab] Hackers don't age, their computers do .. (was Re: neueste Office Home Version!)

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Apr 3 21:02:25 CEST 2013

>>> I may mistake you for someone other, but aren't you about 30 or 35?
> you need to learn how to rollerblade before you can hack the gibson kid.

So surprised how much cultural validity that movie has propagated in the realm of hackerdom .. I was really cringing through that whole era.  I hate it that FSN was actually a real thing shipping on SGI machines, but yet because of Jurassic Park, "3d file management" = lolz.  I still have an Atari Portfolio "for hacking ATM machines on the run", also.  Actually, I only have it because its got a working C compiler onboard, and if the zombies thing happens, I'll at least be able to keep my coding chops up with scavenged AA batteries in between decaps.  I don't know anyone else who has a computer with an onboard C compiler that will run on plain old coppertops ..  :)

Anyway I should probably just start a blog and leave you guys alone.  Meh.

;
--
Jay Vaughan