[Metalab] Biohacking news

Michael Kohl citizen428 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 11:29:08 CEST 2011

Hey all,

just a little mail to let you know that I'm still active on the
Biohacking front, just not in a very visible way at the moment.

*) Less than 2 weeks to our excursion to the Open Lab, yeah!

https://metalab.at/wiki/Vienna_Open_Lab_excursion

*) Yesterday I met Denisa Kera at the Metalab, who had a lot of
interesting input and some good contacts. I updated the wiki page with
the projects she made me discover:

https://metalab.at/wiki/Biohacking

*) As a next step I'd like to get an interesting speaker for a Metaday
or something, Howy Jacobs would be an interesting one (scientist of
the year in Finland):

http://www.uta.fi/imt/finmit/howylab/personnel/howy.php

Denisa told me there also might be interesting people in Prague and
Germany, I'm waiting for her to send me the names/contacts.

*) There's also a guy who tries to get a Biohacking/DIYbio group
started in a Finnish hacker space, I'm in touch with him and we'll
probably use the Hackerspaces wiki to document our efforts.

Hack on,
Michi