[Metalab] [Devops] Next meetup: MONDAY, 24.10, 19:00

Michael Renner michael.renner at amd.co.at
Wed Oct 19 11:55:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Maciej, thanks for the reminder, you beat me to it ;)

To combat the ever-growing trend to completely virtualized environments I want to show people how the "Cloud" looks like in the material plane and give you a glimpse on the metal that runs the 'webs ;)

I'm going to bring:

HP DL380G6
IBM x3650 M3
Dell R200 [1]

I want to talk about strong and weak points of the vendors, how they fare in procurement and demonstrate how maintenance and HW upgrades look like. If there's interest I also want to discuss general aspects of modern hardware in regards to performance/speed, capacity planning and bottle necks, power consumption etc. If you've got questions and problem cases or just want to share your war stories, please come!

/cc metalab-general since it might be relevant to your interests too ;)

Link: https://metalab.at/wiki/Devops_Meetup

best,
Michael

[1] The R200 is not really the flagship of Dell, if anybody got a spare R410/R510 which they can bring along or I can pick up somewhere before monday that'd be great to have a somewhat even comparison :) Only requirement is that it's bootable and we've got access to the iDRAC and the BIOS.